WELCOME FROM THE CHAIR
On behalf of the Royal Australasian College of Medical Administrators (RACMA), Annual Scientific Meeting Steering Committee it gives us great pleasure to welcome everyone to this Brisbane event to be held at the Brisbane Exhibition & Convention Centre from 12 to 14 October 2016. Our theme this year is “Harm Free Health Care”.
Clinical governance is core to the practice of the speciality of medical administration and the key feature of clinical governance is patient safety. The challenge for all of us is whether Harm Free Health Care can be provided to patients. In itself, posing this question is controversial. This conference is designed to challenge us, and debate whether health care can be Harm Free and what practical approaches can be considered.
- After harm has happened – second victims, preventing further harm, the impact on patients and clinicians; open disclosure; importance of communication; and engagement with regulatory bodies.
- The Patient and Communities role in harm free healthcare – The Patient Perspective – the ‘resilient’ patient, families, communication, consumers: changing expectations and level of engagements – include impact of public reporting; current and future National Standards; regulatory changes; public and private healthcare comparison; and providing harm free healthcare in both hospital and community sectors.
- Providing ‘harm free healthcare’ in the military and disaster medicine: current trends and what can it teach us including military deployments, disaster management and management of out-breaks.
- Hospital Complications: pay for performance, pay for results. Are financial incentives and financial penalties incentives for good clinical governance and are they effective? the changing landscape in the Australian Healthcare system.
- Innovation, technology and research in harm free healthcare – including e-health, electronic medical record implementation.
- Bullying and harassment and ‘harm free’ for carers – including violence towards healthcare workers; creating a safe environment for carers; other issues for health care workers and carers.
The theme “Harm Free Health Care” also offers exciting opportunities for you to contribute to the success of the meeting through presentations and posters – this is a call for abstracts under any of the sub-theme headings outlined above.
As one of our flagship events, the RACMA Annual Scientific Meeting is expected to attract around 250 delegates to Brisbane who will be a mixture of senior managers, clinical specialists with management roles, researchers, educators, policy makers, and health ministry and health provider executives.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Dr Luis Prado
Chair, National Scientific Program Committee
Meet Our Speakers
Leading the conversation. Introducing our Plenary Speakers
PROGRAM AT GLANCE
|09:30 – 15:00||Pre-conference Workshops|
|17:00 -18:00||RACMA AGM|
|18:00 – 20:00||Welcome Reception|
|08:30 – 09:30||Official Opening|
|09:30 – 16:15||Conference Sessions|
|17:00 – 18:15||Conferment Ceremony & Langford Oration|
|19:30 – 22:30||Conference Dinner|
|08:30 – 16:00||Conference Sessions – Plenary + Concurrent Sessions (3)|
|16:00 – 16:15||Conference Close & 2016 Launch|
Attending the Conference?
Let your colleagues know you are participating in the Conference. Download one of the below buttons and include it on your email signature or website, with a link to www.racmaconference.com.au